Etter å ha gjennomført en 12 dagers faste (2013) med godt resultat, ønsket jeg å vite mer og sendte følgende henvendelse til faste ekspert Jouko Pursiainen ved Medica Natural i Finland. Svaret inneholder svært interessant informasjon.
I read about Jouko Pursiainen and his wide experience with fasting on this page: http://paastorengas.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=32
I have just finished a 12 day waterfast with astonishing results as my svollen knee and ankles, and my “rheumatic??? attacks are all gone. I was really having health problems the last 6 months, but in a bodily manner I am now completely restored.
With a scientific bent, I would like to understand better why fasting helps against this and that. Is there a way you can help me to the proper knowledge on as to how and why fasting helps agains heart diseases, etc. I suspect in my case that I had a kidney problem which is often related to arteriosclerosis. For example I wonder; does fasting literally remove fat from the inner walls of the artery system, or what is actually happening that cause such a quick and brilliant remedy ?
Many thanks for any recommendations on this matter.
Kind regards from Norway
Carl Henrik Janson
Svaret fra Jouko Pursiainen
Thank you for the questions about fasting and trusting me to be able to answer you.
1) The first fact is that fasting reduce the content of urine acid in blood. It makes the body more alkaline and it reduce the symptoms of rheumatic attacks and disorders. It would be more effective to fast with juices besides water and herbteas (3-5 glasses of carrotjuice or other juices per day). Juices are more alkaline than pure water during fasting.
2) Secondly fasting forces the body to use “selective catabolism??? to produce energy during fasting. That means, that body offers such kind of bodily mass for energy source, that is surplus for it. So the body takes so called waste material instead of valuable body material, that means fat from arterywalls and basalmembran inside the capillary walls, amyloid, AGE-products, cholesterol and so on. That means better bloodflow and better metabolism through the connective tissue between the cells and bloodflow. In the kidneys their are many kilometers of arteries and capillaries and connective tissue surrounding it. So after fast long enough the kidney functions go better and the kidneyproblems decrease.
3) When the man is eating day after day, the body has no any possibility to make this “selective catabolism??? and so the waste material gradually increase. The fast gives the body the only possibility to force the metabolism to the selective catabolism. The body energy need reduces 30% or even more during fast and this saving can be used to increase the healing power of the body. It means the healing power for illnesses. In the body their is 120 000 km capillaries and arteries. The wall area of them and the area of connective tissue is about 3000-5000m2 total. It is easy to imagine what it means for the metabolism when it increases 10-20% after the fast.
4) Their are even more positive details in fasting, but these are the most important. (other details are increasing effectivnes of enzymes, hormones, nervecontroll and so on……)
5) It is a little bit difficult to get deeper information of fasting. The best knowledge you can get from German health literature is as Hippokrates Verlag. Or websites www.buchingerklinik.de ; www.kurparkklinik.de ;www.fastenklinik.de
Best Regards, Jouko Pursiainen